Wednesday, February 21, 2007

FAQS

Showcase Home Project 2007 FAQS

Q. When will the project start?
A. Immediately as of February 22, 2007.

Q. How long will it take to build the house?
A. That will depend on how quickly sponsors get involved and on all the other variables involved in building a house. I would prefer to have it built by the end of the year.

Q. How will sponsorships be awarded?
A. All offers will be considered. Where only one sponsor for a particular area exists, that sponsor most likely will be given the sponsorship depending on the fit with the project. I will have to consider several different factors where there are several sponsors for the same type of product or service. Sponsorships may be shared or exclusive depending on the arrangement.

Q. Do you expect sponsors to just hand over money to you?
A. No. At this point, I am thinking that some sort of pledge and/or escrow system would be appropriate. I will need a sponsor to help with this issue. "To be determined" is my mantra at this time.

Q. What kind of sponsorships are available?
A. Any aspect of this project is available for sponsorship. I can the opportunity for everything from donating "in kind" services and products to providing financial assistance. I will post an ongoing list of services and products needed in my blog.

Q. Hasn't this been done before?
A. To my knowledge, not in this manner. There are showcase homes out there built by companies to display their services and products, but this is an independent effort by a common, ordinary citizen and the result is a unique and ongoing service for many companies and individuals. Also, I want to showcase the services behind the project, not just the obvious ones like building materials. There are a lot of do-it-yourselfers out there who will benefit from seeing this project in action.

Q. Who will the house belong to?
A. I foresee sort of organization forming in the beginning stages of this project. I might form a company or develop some sort of oversight board or some other arrangement may present itself. I retain all rights express or implied until I choose to make other formal arrangements. I also reserve the right to the live-in caretaker position.

Q. What will the sponsors get out of sponsoring the project?
A. 1) Widespread publicity throughout the project and indefinitely or until some point in time to yet be determined.
2) Ongoing advertising by showcasing products and services in a every day living setting through the Internet and all other media including a annual print catalog.
3) Some type of arrangement for tours, parties, events, or other "hands-on" experiences for the general public to observe the products and services up close.

Q. Why don't you have everything planned out?
A. I just want to plant the seed and see the project develop as the players become involved. This will illustrate a "real world" model for the individuals interested in the home building process. It would make a great reality TV show. (Hint, hint...)

No comments: